Member Voice – Emma and Weather

December 11 - (Christmas season) WEATHER by Emma

Ever since I was a little girl, I've been interested in the weather. I remember being in 5th grade and wanting to be a meteorologist. I would open up my parents' encyclopedias and read about any word I could think of that had to do with meteorology. When watching TV, I would actually sit for hours just watching The Weather Channel. My parents DSCF0185had a big screen TV and I would stand in front of it (and in front of the meteorologist) and give my parents the forecast. I never wanted to be a storm chaser. I just wanted to be the meteorologist in front of the camera like I pretended to be in front of the TV. Coincidentally, I would sit glued to The Weather Channel any time there was as much as a thunderstorm watch, because I was TERRIFIED of tornados. I know it's a funny mix to love meteorology yet be terrified of tornados, but I'm a funny girl. ;) I'm not sure what peeked my interest in the weather, but I've never let go of seeing a big cumulus cloud and wondering how long it would be until the storm rolled in.

When I think of trying to photograph weather, I think about, again, any type of clouds, the sunset, a beautiful snowfall...should the weather cooperate for us, I thought it would be a fun topic to catch on film! :)

-Emma

Comments

  1. A great topic, Emma. I wish I had checked on it last week when it rained and flooded down here...but this week looks clear, cool, and sunny. I may find something in my archives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger V, I just noticed your comment on my other blog. Thanks for the info. I think the Mr. Linky is a good thing. I so enjoy this blog. Thanks for letting me know. My town is such a beautiful and historic town, but my photography is very amateurish, but I am learning.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love weather! I got the best lightning picture I've ever been able to capture about a month ago. Check it out! I love watching lightning...
    http://myworldthruthelens.blogspot.com/2009/10/lightning.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great timing! We're due for a big snowstorm tonight, so I should be able to get plenty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh this is a tough one! I must get my thinking cap on for Friday! It may just have to be floods though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Queenmothermamaw, this is actually a good way of improving your skills, helps focus the thinking and the 'eye' do a couple of weeks and see how you like it.... don't have to sign a lifetime contract.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: